The Boise Bonsai Society and High Desert Bonsai present the Bonsai New Talent Competition!
Join us April 22nd at 10am-2pm to show off your skills!
Franz Witte Nursery (20005 11th Ave N, Nampa, ID 83687)
1 gallon Japanese Garden Juniper
Each participant will draw a number to receive their tree.
- 4 hours to complete the process of transforming their tree into a pre-bonsai.
- Participants cannot be given guidance by outside influences or members.
- Each tree will be judged (blindly) by members that are not participating in the competition.
The competition will be divided in to three groups.
- Group 1 - Folks who have been doing bonsai for 0-5 years
- Group 2 - Folks that have been doing bonsai for 0-10 years
- Group 3 - Open category for all skills, non-competing
The scoring will be determined by the following features on a scale of 1-10
- Front of the tree
- Line of the tree
- Wire application technique
- Branch selection & placement
- Overall aesthetic
Each judge will provide their score and all scores will be tallied, and the winner will be announced.
Prizes for winners in each class will be awarded.
In addition to this event, the BBS will be hosting a Bring Your Own Tree event. Please feel free to attend and bring your tree for assistance, direction, or general questions.